My Photo
Name:
Location: Antarctica

AKA: Rassputin, Hamilkar, Tecumsehh

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

As a brief update about our friend "Cannibal" Urlacher and his colleagues on the Chicago Bears defense:

Last night, the Bears were down 23 to 3 with 5 seconds left in the third quarter. The scoreline was a reflection of absolutely no offense on the Bears side of the ball. In fact, the offense had turned the ball over 6 times! The total ball possession for the Bears was a ludicrous 20 (of 60) minutes.

So, game over right? Wrong. The Bears defense and special teams proceeded to take the game over and score three touchdowns. Let me say that again...the Bears DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS scored three touchdowns. That scary guy Urlacher had a forced fumble that lead to one of the touchdowns and 19...yes 19! tackles.

As a side note, I would like to rave about Matt Leinart, someone who I had no respect for before this game. I take that back, I respected his decision to stay in college for a superflous year (even if turned out to be a bad one.)

In any case, Leinart, in only his second pro game, handled the Bears defense expertly. He made a few mistakes, but he also threw for 232 yards and two touchdowns. Also, for the second time in a row he ran the 2 minute drill perfectly and set up his kicker for an easy game winning chip shot. For the second time, the kicker missed it. Despite my deep hatred for USC, I have to say I like this guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home