My Photo
Name:
Location: Antarctica

AKA: Rassputin, Hamilkar, Tecumsehh

Monday, February 12, 2007

I Just Don't Get It

I just don't get Bill Murray's recent series of movies. These include Rushmore, Royal Tenanbaums, Lost in Translation, and The Life Aquatic. They're just not funny. It's not that the jokes aren't good...it's that there are no jokes. They're not even really trying to be comedies. They're just trying to be odd. If that's the goal, then congratulations, but I don't think it is. It's not as if they're telling a great story...for example The Life Aquatic is about a kind of pathetic version of Jacques Cousteau and Lost in Translation is just about a guy in Japan. I don't really understand what the point is. It's like there's a joke I'm not getting. They all give me the same feeling...lack of laughing, fascination at how well they're directed, and confusion. It just seems like Bill Murray could do better (and I don't mean more Garfield movies).

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I get it... you're MACH-iavelli

10:50 PM  
Blogger Machiavelli said...

I don't think you get it.

7:31 PM  
Blogger The Godfather said...

I actually enjoyed the life Aquatic. It is a bit different and I found it to be enjoyable. I think you must just be odd and that is why you didn't get it. Too much time blogging does effect the brain after all.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home