My Photo
Name:
Location: Antarctica

AKA: Rassputin, Hamilkar, Tecumsehh

Monday, January 08, 2007

Overrated/ Underrated: Bands

The Most Overrated and Underrated Bands as determined by me and my perception of how popular they are.

Most Overated

1. The Eagles
2. Van Halen
3. Jay Z
4. Fleetwood Mac
5. David Bowie
6. AC/DC
7. The Clash
8. Elvis
9. Bruce Springsteen
10. U2

Most Underrated

1. Days of the New
2. Squirrel Nut Zippers
3. R.E.M.
4. Cat Stevens
5.Cream
6. Chuck Berry
7. Soundgarden
8.Dandy Warhols
9. Black Sabbath
10. Fiona Apple



Feel free to disagree, but here are a few of my justifications:
-U2 is okay, but they're not as good as all the publicity they get.
-Days of the New aren't the best band in the world, but for how little they're known, they're pretty good. Same deal with SNZ
-You might be thinking...how can you call R.E.M. underrated, given how big they are, but I would remind you that according to VH1, R.E.M. comes in at number 50 on the best bands of the 20th century (behind every band in my overrated list except Jay Z and AC/DC, not to mention, Sly and the Family Stone, The Sex Pistols, Joni Mitchell, and Roy Orbison...I rest my case).

1 Comments:

Blogger The Godfather said...

I disagree greatly with the list but I am too lazy to elaborate at the moment.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home