My Photo
Name:
Location: Antarctica

AKA: Rassputin, Hamilkar, Tecumsehh

Sunday, April 29, 2007

We Shall Have Our Revenge!


In a highly controversial game, the Frankfurt Galaxy beat the Hamburg Sea Devils 20-17.

Despite the Sea Devils valiant efforts, they could not overcome the Galaxy's rampant cheating. Throughout the entire game, Galaxy players took cheap shots and relied on uncalled holding penalties to stifle the Sea Devil offense and defense. It was an awful spectacle of the worst kind of football.

Meanwhile, 3 interceptions that were returned for TDs were called back by the officiating crew on very suspicious grounds. On the first such play, the refs called it back based on an offsides call, but instant replay showed no movement. On the second, defensive pass interfearence was called on a player who is no longer with the team as of January 2005. The last return for a TD that would have won the game for the Sea Devils was called back because of an illegal shift, even though this is strictly an offensive penalty.

The Hamburg players were heartbroken, and rightfully so. They were cheated out of a victory yesterday. When head referee Thomas Blind was asked about the questionable calls he revealed that he had been unduly influenced: "Frankfurt always has big crowds and they're known for attacking referees for 'unfavorable' decisions...The truth is that those fans are cruel, violent, and smelly. I have a family to raise after all." According to umpire Will Jones, intimidation was not restricted to the fans: "One player, who I'm not going to name, showed me a picture of my wife and kids tied and gagged in what appeared to be a basement or an attic. He said that if I called holding on him, he'd mutilate my whole family...I was scared."

When asked to comment, NFL Europe commissioner Bob Guy responded, "NFL Europe has a strict policy of not using instant replays to make decisions. However, in future games held at Frankfurt we might think about reconsidering. I mean one fumble by the Galaxy was overturned because it was ruled an incomplete pass. That was despite the fact that O'Sullivan (the Galaxy QB), pitched it to the RB. It just didn't make any sense." He added, we will have to look in to reports of threats and see if any criminal actions may have occurred. Sea Devil WR Rich Parson commented, "that game was bull sh*t. I mean we could have tied the game with a field goal with the last play, but they took down the goal posts! So, we had to go for a hail mary. As I was going to go start my deep route, the CB just tackled me. I'm pretty sure that's a penalty."

The Sea Devils will have their revenge!

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I would like to point out the Sea Devils suck and thus the cheating was perfectly acceptable. Think of the Harlem Globe trotters.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home