My Photo
Name:
Location: Antarctica

AKA: Rassputin, Hamilkar, Tecumsehh

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Odd Advertising Campaign



If you see the new army recruitment commercials you'll notice that they're now offering a free sportswatch for signing up. Wow...now you can make the biggest decision in your life with the same kind of inducements that you would find when buying a box of cereal. I shouldn't say that, it's probably a very good watch. I wonder how many more people are going to join just for the watch..."yeah, I didn't want to join because I don't want to die or get wounded, I would be in an unfriendly warzone with ambiguous objectives and underarmed vehicles, and they would keep extending my enlistment, but now that there's a watch involved...well that changes everything."

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Speck said...

They are IED proof - unlike the soldiers that wear them. It's OK though they just give them to the next recruit - recycling is crucial to the war on terrorism.

7:24 PM  
Blogger The Godfather said...

I hope it is a Swiss watch at least.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Tiffani-Marie said...

why would you need a watch if you have a cell phone?

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home